- The firm, a major luxury and fashion stakeholder, aims towards sustainable sourcing for its most common commodities, including leather, a complex material from the animal industry which generates many by-products.
- The firm asked Origem to help them have a better understanding of the CSR issues in the procurement of this strategic commodity, focusing mostly on the upstream step: cattle breeding.
- Assessment of breeding practices in the firm’s most important sourcing countries and macro-analysis of the breeding and leather sectors (livestock evolution, animal and hides trade, sourcing risks)
- Strategic analysis of CSR issues in the cattle breeding sector (climate change, biodiversity, animal welfare, traceability, working conditions etc.)
- Environmental and social risks and opportunities assessment by regions
- Review of the firm’s sustainable procurement guidelines.
Thanks to a more informed vision on CSR issues in their upstream leather supply chain, the firm now benefits from:
- A map of risks per supplier country;
- An overview of the situation in their objective to reach sustainable sourcing;
- Guidelines to make purchase decisions.